Getting involved – 2020 is the Election Year. If you are interested in joining the council the following documents may be of interest:
- Co-option Pack
- Good Councillor’s Guide
- All About Parish Councils
- Elections, All About Local Councils
Who can be a Parish Councillor?
- Becoming a Councillor
Parish Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer
Salary in accordance with the NJC scale points 18-23 (£24,313 - £26,999 per annum pro-rata) commensurate with experience and qualifications
Approximately 10 hours per week
Start Date: May 2020
Applications are invited for the position of Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to Barnack (and Pilsgate) Parish Council.
The Clerk is responsible for the administration of the business and finances of the Council. The post includes some evening work and occasional attendance at community meetings and annual conferences.
Candidates will need:
- Accurate administrative and financial skills, attention to detail
- Availability to attend monthly evening meetings (the second Monday of each month)
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate with confident knowledge of MS Office applications, internet, email and social media
- Ability to meet deadlines and work alone, use of initiative
- Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) or equivalent, or a willingness to work towards it or similar training courses
- An interest in community life
- A friendly and positive outlook
The role is home-based and approximately 10 hours per week, with overtime paid as required.
For more information and the job description, contact Susie on 07595 377236 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 25th March 2020